Feb 13, 2012

Happy Valentines Day Chase

Dear Chase-
Early this morning I woke from a dream that I was having.  In this dream I could see you but unlike my other dreams this time I couldn't hold you.  There were porch windows between us.  You stood as a 2 year old on the outside looking into the porch at me with great love.  I was the only one that could see you and looked back at you with love and brokenness.  I quickly woke from a loud fuzzy sound that was coming from Betsy's monitor.  As I laid there broken hearted, wishing I would fall back asleep and back into that dream to see your face and maybe even get the chance to hold you, I started to reflect on our life a year ago and what a Valentine you are.  You have taught me and brought me closer to the true meaning of love and to stop the chaos and busyness of life around me and not just say the words I love you but understand what love is.    Love is a choice that requires an unconditional commitment.  When I think of what love is 1 Corinthians 13 comes to mind.


"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13 1-13

Reading this verse gives me the hope I need to make it through this 11 month and Valentines day without you here on earth.  Again I want to thank you for continuing to teach me and inspiring me to be a better daughter in Christ, wife, mother and friend.

I Love you Chase
Mom  


PS: I wrote you a "roses are red" valentines poem:

Chase my little Valentine so true
your love shines and guides me through. 
Every time I see your face
my heart cries out for your sweet embrace.
My Love for you so strong and pure
I try to hold on and keep you near.
Each day that passes by,
I hold out for God's victory cry
and the day that I will hold you again
warms my spirit and lifts my chin.
Happy Valentines day to my precious boy
your tenderness brings me so much hope and joy!
I Love you today, tomorrow and forever
Love-Mom



One of my favorite videos of Chase!
























4 comments:

  1. Mandy-
    You and your family, and your beautiful little Chase have also had a profound influence on my spiritual path with God and on my unconditional love for my family. Your priority is your family and God, and I thank you for showing me unconditional love with God and family and influencing my own priorities.

    Ashley Leitner

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can't find the right words ... we continue praying for you and your family.

    Mike and Marie Leo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your feelings and your Chase memories with us, Mandy. Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete